Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Retreat



I love to read. I read books, blogs, articles, letters, internet sites, magazines, and just about anything I can! Right now I am reading this book:
A dark blue book cover. "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" covers the top half and "Author of the international bestseller: 'Tuesdays With Morrie'" is across the bottom. Both are in white text. In the middle is a white Ferris wheel sitting on a red banner reading "Mitch Albom".
 I got this book at the Martin's Lutheran Church Women's Retreat.
Bill and I are dealing with some major road blocks in life and are doing OK, we found out icky news the day I left for the retreat and are attempting to filter through information and allow God to guide us through. It is strange how such a terrible day, with dissapointing news grew into a faith affirming weekend. Anyway...Luckily Pastor Paula was at the retreat, I was able to chat with her, assess life, and enjoy the retreat.
Actually the word enjoy does not even begin to describe the retreat. It was totally awesome. I absolutely loved the women that were at the retreat and learned a great deal about some great people. I also learned about myself. We were able to focus on our strengths throughout the weekend. We used the book Living Your Strengths to guide us through the strength exploration.
I was able to find out what my strengths are and how to better use my strengths. I never actually read the book but plan to start that this weekend. It was also fun to learn about the strengths of the different women that I got to know. I got to hear fun stories about how some of the women met their spouses, information about their kids, where they grew up, what interests they had and other interesting facts about them. It was definitely an experience that I will treasure and plan to repeat next year:) I had an awesome roommate, had a great time tying blankets and loved the discussions with the group and individuals. Oh and playing games late at night...that was really fun!

Each day I am amazed at how God works. I am amazed at how he truly does have a plan for each of us and how completely different his plan is compared to my plan. (Oh how I think I have things figured out;)  I am not sure what the future holds but I am sure that God is in control and I will grow through him. Finding peace is such a tricky thing to do on our own but with God it is not tricky at all. For now I will keep on attempting to focus on my strengths, keep on reading and finding peace with each day.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I will have to add these books to my Nook to read! And *hugs* for whatever your icky news was, I hope it gets better/resolved/fixed.

P.S. Jax is very left hand dominant also, only the best and most good looking people in life are left handed ;)