Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Smiles

Today, a friend gave me a neat note and a sweet gift that totally brought my attitude around and smile back. It never ceases to amaze me how blessed I am with wonderful people in my life. I wanted to go and thank her for the gift and give her a big hug because I am not sure she really knows how special she is. I vowed I was not going to cry today so I decided that I would send her a note back instead of using my "in person words".
Thanks again Erin;)
Today was a really good day. I was able to laugh at myself again and feel God's love wrap around me. Today started with a smile and I plan to go to sleep after I write this so it is going to end with a smile. I went to Ash Wednesday service tonight and it was awesome. I feel so revived and connected. I walked into the church running a little late but early enough for Joan to tell me my shirt was inside out. I had enough time to go and change it around with a little laughter from two nice gals and an amazing pastor. It really made me giggle and smile.
I headed over to Justine's house to a scent party, I was able to purchase a few refreshing scents that will, hopefully, relax our home a bit more. It was nice to see some great people and smile.
I made eggs for a little protein boost and left the pan on the stove. Gus kept jumping up at it and barking. He burned his tongue a few times in the process, ran over to the water bowl, tipped the water bowl over, and made a big mess in the kitchen. I am positive I am becoming myself again because I laughed a great deal about this and it brought me a ton of smiles. 
Yes I think my smiles are back and I hope I can keep them through this week. I will attend Grandma Scharbow's funeral on Friday, which will be sad. Then Bill and I will head to Cragun's for a hopeful nice weekend. I am having a massage Saturday morning and plan to relax, then relax, and then relax a little bit more.
I have decided what I am giving up for Lent as well. I am going to give up giving up my power to others. I am not going to allow people to decide what kind of person, coach, teacher, or friend I am. I am going to ignore those opinions of me that are not me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I am, however not going to allow those opinions to control me. If people think I am too nice, friendly, caring, or whatever other terrible quality traits I obtain I am going to ignore those people and be me;) I am going to smile and continue to care about the kids I teach and coach. I am going to continue to care about my psychotic dog and his dog, Sandy.
I am going to just be me and smile:)

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I love the you that you are!

Have fun at Craguns! :)