Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sandy-You Know the "Good Dog"

One of the advantages of Bill's job is that he gets to come home at lunch and let Gus and Sandy out for a walk. The dogs get a break and Bill gets to hang out with them for just a bit, definitely a win-win situation. Today, however, he was out and about in South Dakota with a customer and was unable to make it for lunch.
I was in a meeting after school and realized at 4:40 that I needed to get home! I completely forgot about my four-legged children. Quite frankly, at this point, I was a little concerned. I was imagining all of the items Gus had probably destroyed and what trouble he was going to be when I got home.
I raced for the door as I saw him jumping, hoping he had not hit the lock again. Luckily he hadn't. I quickly hooked him up and opened the door, crisis averted! Well, that was until the little light colored one pushed me out of the way and ran out the door. Yes, Sandy, was the naughty one today! I walked outside and shouted for her but she would not come. I spent 20 minutes trying to coax her back to the house or even our yard. Finally I gave up and went inside. I decided she would come when she was ready.
I am slightly shocked by her behavior today and am letting her know by ignoring her. Unfortunately I do not think it is setting in because she has been snuggled up sleeping after her eventful run.


No comments: