Friday, January 18, 2013

Coughing, Kicking and Hiccups!

I have to laugh at myself today and blog this so that I remember. Even though I don't feel so great, I am sitting here smiling. Smiling and coughing, coughing and smiling. I am also fairly certain there are little red men in my throat randomly hitting it with hot pokers, maybe, but I am still smiling!

Here is why I am smiling:
I have realized that when I cough, the baby kicks, or moves or punches me. It is quite funny. I am pretty sure the baby is irritated with me! Seriously! I think the baby does not like the coughing and is trying to tell me to stop it.

I was so scared that the coughing was going to hurt the baby. Then rational thought hit my brain. I bet other women, over the course of the past couple million years, may have had a cough once or twice.

Here are two pictures from Monday's ultrasound of this sweet little one, who has been letting me know that coughing is annoying:)



We couldn't get any pics yesterday, however it was so neat to watch as they monitored the cord flow. We know exactly what to look for now and I got scared when I saw these little blurps that were popping up on the charts. I asked what they were and she said, hiccups. I assumed she meant a hiccup with the charting. NOPE! She moved her doppler thingy over and showed us the baby popping up. It really was the hiccups :) It was so cute, funny and wonderful to see!

We are finishing up with week 27 and are heading towards our 3rd trimester on Monday!

No comments: