Thursday, January 24, 2013

Cousin Ryan

 Tonight we reminisced about time with our Cousin Ryan at his prayer service. Different people from different parts of his life got up and spoke about the time the spent with him. There was a resounding theme that came from what each person said. Ryan taught us more and gave us more than we ever gave to him. He has taught me, and many others, about love, patience and kindness. 

Ryan was not supposed to live after the took him off the ventilator when he was days old, but he did! He wasn't supposed to live past three, then five and now here we are 17 years later! He made it through so many sicknesses and lived life to its fullest as only Ryan could! 

I started doing childcare for Ryan when I was 15 and continued until I was 22. We spent many summers together and we got to be really good buddies. There were days I was so frustrated and days that I cried tears of joy on the way home from spending time with RyGuy. He was a special boy with a big heart and tons of love to give. 

I will forever be thankful to my Uncle Dan and my Aunt Keatha for bringing Ryan into our lives. They are amazing people and I know how blessed I am to have them in my life. 


This is one of the verses that I have grown to love and trust. 

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: