Friday, April 22, 2011

I am blessed...

with a toothless wonder of a dog.

Sandy had 7 teeth removed on Wednesday and is doing just fine. Seems like so many teeth for my little princess to miss!


with a dog who keeps me guessing.

Gus seems to have a knack for amazing me each day with a new scheme or disaster. I did manage to cook another turkey without him wrecking it. Turkey Score: Dana 2 Gus 3. I am catching up!


with an awesome job.

Even though some days my team and I say these kids are going to make us "poke our eyes out" we do care a great deal about them and are blessed to have the jobs we do.


with a great teacher team.

I am not sure why I got so blessed to teach with the people I do, but I sure am glad I did.


with a great family support system.

My parents, my brother's family, and my cousins are my life line. They keep me grounded and check in on me just when I need it.


with great friends.

My best buddy from junior high is expecting her first child any day now. She is not due for a couple of weeks but I think she is going to go early. She amazes me with a great phone call, visit or email just when I need it. Funny how God puts people into our lives and uses them at moments we need them most.
My other friends are wonderful as well. Each is unique in their own way, bringing more blessings into my life than I could mention.


with the joy of coaching and spending time with teenage girls. (I am pretty sure that is a blessing anyway;)

Sometimes it is hard having a job where everyone can, and does, judge every decision you make. The hard part is taking what people say, looking at what you are doing, and deciding what you feel is best for the team.


with fabulous nephews and future niece.

Brendan and Carter are a hoot and a half. They are fun to play with, cute to cuddle, and wonderful to grow with. Can't wait to meet their baby sister!

with the best husband in the world.

Bill rocks. He is sweet, kind, tough, strong, caring, loving, argumentative when I need it most, patient, and overall loving. I still do not know why he puts up with me! I can be a real pain in the butt.


with the ability to begin or end each day focused on the positives and all of the blessings I have been given.

God has a path for each of us.
“If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes.”

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” 

No comments: