Monday, July 13, 2009

Great Weekend

Bill and I had an awesome weekend! We headed home to Nome to doggy sit Norm and Barney while Dale and Becky were in Lake Tahoe.
We hung out at the farm, went down to Fort Ransom,
took in a ball game in Enderlin,
visited the local establishments in Enderlin and Sheldon with friends,
kayaked and fished at Clausen Springs,
drove to Litchville,
hiked in the creek and drank Spring water at Little Yellowstone,
and totally tuckered out Gus!

Here are a few pics from the weekend...

The creek is still running fast at Little Yellowstone

This is the tunnel under the road that I used to play in with my friend Steph. We had so much fun at Little Yellowstone when we were little. I also camped here about a million time with my buddies. I absolutely LOVE going back here, I have so many fond memories of this place.

Funny sign on our way through Litchville.

The view near the damn at Clausen Springs, I am sure glad this place is still there! Thanks National Guard:)

The Moose

The Turkey

Bill and I at Clausen Springs

Gus and Bill playing. Notice Gus not on on his leash! He did amazingly well this weekend in theses not so familiar places!

Kayaking at Clausen's

An old bridge we walked out to near Fort Ransom. We kayaked under this a few weekends ago. Pretty neat to walk on...maybe a bit scary too;)

My parents have beautiful flowers and gardens at their farm. One of my favorites are the hollyhocks on the South side of their house. There are so many different colors and they smell awesome.

This is Norm. Norm was my best buddy through out highschool and when I moved by home for a semester during college. Norm is an old black lab with the biggest heart. He has a tough time walking but still tries to play:) He is pushing 14 and still has his loving Lab attitude. Below is Norm's best buddy Barney. Barney is the laziest, moodiest, most loving Beagle in the history of the world. He knows he is not allowed on the furniture but feels that when the parents are away he will disobey! The second I opened the front door he waddled (he is fat) to the couch and hopped up, closed his eyes, and poofed at me. Oh Barney!!



No comments: