Monday, June 1, 2009

Does anyone want a beautiful boxer-lab cross named Gus???

After a weekend at the lake I realized I love Gus very much and so does Bill. However, we were at our wits end this weekend. Gus did pretty well Saturday other than the barking at bikers, walkers, and neighbor dogs. He slept in the tent with Bill and I because he is not allowed in or near the cabin, Grandma's rules. It was cold so Gus snuggled under the blankets between Bill and I. He slept very well there all night. The next day he had a few mishaps. We played in the lake with a ball for awhile until Gus noticed one of his favorite scents. Gus, like most dogs, loves dead fish. YUCK! I caught him eating one while I was playing with my sweet little Sandy. I took it away and made him go back up to the deck area by the cabin. Then Cousin Ashley brought her Labradoodle, Bear, over to play. Gus was not in a social mood. He barked and snapped at Bear, who is still a puppy. I was so angry with his behavior! UGH.
By the time we loaded up the pick up and headed home Gus was my friend again. Here are a few pics of him on the way home, sleeping.












1 comment:

Mandi said...

I love the photos where all his teeth are showing, that should be your Christmas card photo. :p