Monday, March 30, 2009

Scotty's gotta go!

I was not able to blog last night when we made it to bed, I was pooped! Last night Bill and I spent from 4-midnight at Martin's Hilton with Brenda R. and the residents. At midnight when Erin B. came in the three of us were ready for bed! The residents were getting a bit restless last night and it was interesting keeping a few of them occupied. Brenda played several puzzles and a jinga like game with Scotty. Scotty is an interesting fella. He is really not interested in being at Martin's. In fact he has actually gotten out a few times and went for an outside walk alone. This is dangerous for him so we have to keep a close watch on him. He is a quick and strong guy but very sweet. He was also on the news last night while Martin's was featured on W-DAY. He would not believe that he was actually on TV. When Erin came she asked for his autograph and he was really funny about it. He said "shoot, that was really me?" Gotta love him but weef it gets tiring when he is always trying to get out! I keep singing my own version of the song Scotty Doesn't Know and am actually still singing it in my head today;)
I could write for hours about our night and the past week but some of the experiences are best left as a discussion between Bill and I or tucked away in my memory. We are praying now that the water keeps going down and the blizzard that is happening this afternoon is not too bad. I am off to the school to do registration/watching of the door for the day. I will blog again tonight or in the morning.

1 comment:

Laura Beth said...

I just got all caught up with your posts and they have been a nice distraction from homework haha
I just love reading about all of the different people you have been hanging around the past week! Can't wait to read more :-)