Thursday, March 31, 2011

Gus and his seizures

Gus has experienced seizures now for about three years. In the past four months they have increased a great deal. We have been with him for up to six per week. We know that he is probably having them during the day while we are gone as well. We finally decided to put him on anti-seizure meds and it has been a good thing and a bad thing.
Gus has been a little out of it from time to time. In the evenings he tires out earlier and he is a bit lethargic. Knowing Gus, you are probably thinking that doesn't sound too bad:) It has been nice but it makes us realize that he is changing, he is getting older and this is a big deal for him.
Yesterday, I arrived home to hats, shoes, gloves and other odds and ends in our bed. This made me realize that Gus is still Gus and even though he has slowed down, he still does naughty things.
Today while on the phone with my mom he tipped a plant over because I was not paying attention to him. He sat down and poofffed at me as well. I just do not believe those people who say dogs don't have feelings. Mine has two feelings happy and irritated. Happy is great, irritated means something is going to be destroyed.
Here are a few pictures of Gus in the past couple of weeks...

2 comments:

Karli said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes Dana. It made me think of Marley and Me. Gus sounds alot like Marley!!

Laura Beth said...

I hope Gus gets better and lives as long as his mom did! I was just thinking about him yesterday, because it was a year ago that we lost Stormy.