Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mayor of Amenia

I am the new Mayor of Amenia. I did not run for the position and actually tried fairly hard not to be the mayor. I have an angry neighbor who was actually running but did not win because I won by write-in votes. Someone put notes, illegally, into peoples mailboxes saying I would be mayor, without my consent, I was called by an angry post-mistress telling me of federal offenses I committed and did I mention the angry neighbor?
In the end I decided I can do this and took on the job. I know that I will get phone calls, I know there will be icky situations and I know that there will be times I get frustrated because I will not have time to deal with everything. I will do the job to the best of my ability and I hope to have a bit of fun as well.


The council people are great people and I know they will be good to work with. Should be a learning experience! I look forward to new experiences and stepping out of my comfort zone. Honestly I wonder if I have a comfort zone?!?! It is pretty huge if I do;) mmm...I wonder what I should do next?

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Congratulations on your new position, Dana ~ I know you'll be amazing at it :) I'm sure it's all part of your plan to take over the world...

Life Is Great with Eight said...

Good for you to take on the job Dana! You are certainly capable and will do a GREAT job I'm sure! CONGRATS! Oh... Happy Anniversary too! :)