Friday, November 13, 2009

Interesting Week

The wave of emotions seems to be crashing quite a bit this week.
Monday-It was extremely nerve racking waiting all day to play in the Regional Tournament. We won easily and I was very excited to play Wyndmere-Lidgerwood on Tuesday.
Tuesday-Another Nerve racking and exciting day. Utter and total disappointment when losing to the Warbirds. The feelings of hurt, sad, and angry were very apparent most of the night and early into Wednesday morning.
Wednesday-I was wallowing and miserable. The biggest feeling I had was sadness for my girls. I wanted this so badly for them. Practice was tough and seeing the disappointment on their faces was really tough.
Thursday-I think Shelly Sinner said it best when she said gearing up for playing in a third place regional match is like gearing up to kiss your sister. I was bitter, hurt, and still angry. I knew I would have to face all of the fans and other teams and that really stinks. We played FSHP and beat them easily. It was fun to watch the kids play together one more time and have a little bit of fun while we did it. As the night progressed it was evident that Wyndmere-Lidgerwood was going to win and I was pleased with their showing.
Then something very unexpected happened. I was getting all of our stuff ready to go and waiting patiently for the awards to be called out. I kind of just wanted to leave and go home, maybe for a bit more wallowing and happy reflecting on my wonderful group of seniors. Then they named the region coach of the year and it was ME!!
I am the Region 1 Coach of the Year. I was very shocked and surprised. It is a great honor to receive this award and I am pretty excited about the whole situation.
I wanted to blog about it so that when I look back at my blog and my blog books I remember this. It has been a crazy week and I am very excited about this award. I am still sad that we will not be playing in the state tournament next week. I am still sad, still hurt, and still a bit angry. I know these feelings will be present again next week while watching the state tournament.  I am still pretty psyched about the award.

No comments: