Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Flower

I have a little bit sad and a little bit sweet story today. I have not posted this yet because it just made me so sad. Our plant that produced the red flowers has seemingly died. I am not sure what happened but after it was done blooming, it died. I keep hoping it will come back to life because I have formed an attachment/connection to the plant.

After Sophie was born, my cousin Kerri sent us a petite white rose bush. I decided to plant it in a pot until this spring when I would move it outside. It was January and I did not want it to die.
Fast forward to Sunday, Mother's Day...

We went away to the lake for some quiet alone time and kayaking. When we arrived home on Mother's Day, there was a beautiful white rose blooming on the bush. This was the first flower to bloom and I am absolutely certain Sophie was telling me to have a good Mother's Day and that she loves me.

Where flowers bloom, so does HOPE :)




2 comments:

Laura Beth said...

Seriously goosebumps!!

This is so amazing. I hope you had a good Mother's Day, I'm sure it was hard but remember God knows what he is doing even if it just plain old 'sucks' sometimes!

- Laura Beth

Mandi said...

:)