Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eight Weeks and Three Days

It has been eight weeks, three days, four hours and fourteen minutes since Sophie was born. This past week seemed to be one of the hardest, full of unimaginable pain but we made it through each day and continue to keep going by the grace of God.

Today I finished Sophie's baby book and have spent the past hour listening to some of the songs from Sophie's funeral and one other of my favorites, How Beautiful. For some reason, I can't seem to press the "order" button and order the book. It has been something I have put many hours into and I guess being done with it, feels like another loss. I know I will treasure having it and am excited to order it but still, something else that is done.

Here are the front and the back covers of her book.




We are ever so thankful for the memories we have of Sophie and all of the precious pictures. We are also so very thankful with how gentle everyone is with us. Some days I feel like my heart might just burst from the pain but it doesn't and I keep going. I keep praying it will get easier, eventually. The other song that helps me with this is, Be Still. Amy sang this at Sophie's funeral and it helps to remember the words and know God is here and we need to be patient with ourselves.

4 comments:

Laura Beth said...

Dana & Bill,

My heart goes out to you guys I couldn't imagine what you must be going through. I'm praying that God is with you more than ever during this difficult time in your lives.

Just wanted to share a song. Before The Morning by Josh Wilson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JYGhQWgqq4

- Laura Beth

Mandi said...

Oh, friend. I send you many hugs and hope you know that I'm thinking of you and Bill.

Steph Olson said...

You are such an amazing couple - I dreamed of you last night actually. I will tell you about it someday - it was healing. Just reading your update brings a tear to my eyes; I ache for you and pray that you feel the love and support of all those around you. I hope a smile crosses your face at least once more today than yesterday....everyday!!!

Chris, Erika, Eva, Travis, Luke and Marie said...

I pray for you and baby Sophie often. I think of you and her everytime I see a perfect, little red flower and look forward to the spring bloom because I think many people will feel her everywhere after that beautiful story. Erika Hanson, PT