Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1st Day of School

I just got done reading everyone's 1st Day of School Blogs and thought I would blog about it as well.
Coaching and Teaching is a ton of fun and a ton of work. It takes a special kind of person to coach a fall sport and I am just that special...mmm...special. Maybe a little crazy, a little "special" and a little masochistic. I love my girls and am enjoying pre-season. My classroom is full of energized 5th graders who are eager to learn. (at least I hope they are eager to learn;)
We are on day 3 here is where I am at:
It has been 7 weeks since surgery. I am encountering new challenges each day and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. My scale is broken so I am not sure if I am loosing or gaining weight so hopefully the menu I choose each day is working out.
My tummy is adjusting OK to the new schedule.
Now with that said, I feel AMAZING!!!! This is the first year in three years that I did not spend part of my first three days throwing up and trying to figure out what I can and can not eat! It is the first time I have gone to practices after school with energy and able to finish practice without having to take a puke break.
I am excited about feeling better and I am excited about the positive changes within me and in Squirrel land. I can not wait for this year to get underway and really take off!
Here is my first day of school picture:
 OK, I was a little lazy and did not get up before six. Bill had to leave so he took a quick pic before so I had a first day of school picture:)
I am now off to a church meeting. We are building a new church and I am on the building committee. It is so exciting and awesome!
Have I mentioned I love my life?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

M. Holland said...

You are looking AMAZING Dana!!! Glad you are feeling better too! :-)