Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Patience

Today was an average day, nothing exciting happening at school or the drive home. On my way home I thought about how calm my day was and prayed about how blessed I am and how I am thankful I am a patient person. I am glad that God gave me this time to relax and reflect.
BECAUSE when I opened my door to my house, everything changed.
5:00 Gus and Sandy pushed past me outside the door. They were not hooked up and were not listening when I calmly asked them to return back to the house.
5:10 Still no dogs. Normally I would not be concerned but you see we have +30 below temperatures right now and that is not good for my four legged children.
5:11 I put my winter clothes on and hiked outside to find my two little darlings laying down with frozen paws. I cry.
5:15 I carried both dogs back into the house and warm their paws.
5:45 I sat on the couch trying to decide what to do next.
6:00 Gus hops down and walks just fine.
6:05 Sandy still sleeping on couch.
6:10 I push Sandy off of couch and she is also walking pretty well. Crisis averted and realization that I over-react to everything occurs.
6:40 All seems well and I proceed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. What did I find but no water.
6:41 NO WATER IN THE HOUSE
7:32 Still no water but Bill is on his way to fix the situation.
7:33 Praying for patience and remember my relaxing day of earlier. What happened to it? I guess I can gladly say that even though I do not have any working water, and my pipes are probably frozen, at least I am not locked out of the house by Gus. There is a positive thought for the night, at least I am inside!
Sure am glad I prayed about patience and remember how blessed I truly am. Water or No Water.
9:29 Pipes unfrozen.
Bill: Back at Work
Dana: Hiding under the covers
Gus: Cuddled into a ball with Sandy
Sandy: Cuddled into a ball with Gus
Perspective: I am warm, healthy, and loved by my frozen dogs and husband.

No comments: