Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving


Everyone seems to be reminiscing the thankful thoughts, how great their lives are, what Thanksgiving means to them, and what they are thankful for.
Our amazing PTO had the teachers do the same this past week. They had the teachers write down why we are thankful to be in education. There was an incentive drawing and my name was actually drawn in the drawing. I won a few Casselton Bucks, Pretty cool, I know:)
Here is what I am thankful for...
I am thankful I am a teacher, a coach (most of the time), an aunt, a daughter, a sister, a mother (I have two dogs), and most of all I am thankful to be a wife. I love my husband unconditionally. We are having a tough time right now because life is fairly stressful and we do not see each other very much. We miss each other a great deal. Hey, it is 12:15 and I am blogging to stay awake so that when he drags himself into the house in an hour I can say hello, give him a kiss, and then fall asleep. I would not give up those five minutes for anything. People always ask why I am tired and I always say I was up late. Usually I am doing homework, but I finished a few hours ago. I am always yawning during the day and my teacher friends used to ask why I was so tired. Now you know, I am up waiting to give Bill a kiss:)
I am very thankful for that time and I know we are lucky to have each other. I am sure some day we will look back on this time and appreciate the time we spend together even more. Time is definitely something I never take for granted. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, I know I will. We are heading to Grandma Mac's house and that means fun with family.
It is officially Thanksgiving...Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and Happy Birthday to Hope in my 5th grade class, and my brother Dustin. Mmm...Turkey and a birthday...what a deal!

3 comments:

Life Is Great with Eight said...

Love it! Love it! Very nice post... and I love your collage of pictures! Happy Thanksgiving!

Tanya

Laura said...

Even when you're tired from a late night, you've got a really lucky class! Hope you have a great weekend!

Laura Kost

bethany said...

I LOVE the collage! This was so sweet of you. Hope you had a good holiday!